Xiaomi just announced Mi 4c, the company’s latest smartphone in the Mi 4 series at an event in China, as it promised. It has a 5-inch 1080p display from Sharp, AUO or LG, is powered by an Hexa-Core Snadpragon 808 processor and runs on MIUI 6 based on Android Lollipop, but it will get the new MIUI 7 update soon. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with two-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens.
It has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity on both. It has a reversible USB Type-C port. Xiaomi will also sell a USB Type-C to micro USB adapter. It also has double tap to wake up the screen and new Edge Touch Technology makes use of a new chip offering sensitive and accurate edge gesture recognition that lets you double tap the side of the phone to go back or a single tap to capture a quick selfie. It also has an infrared sensor that lets you control your TV, DVR and other appliances.
Xiaomi Mi 4c specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS fully laminated 441 PPI display
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory
- MIUI 6 on top of Android Lollipop, MIUI 7 update coming soon
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with Sony IMX258 or Samsung S5K3M2 ISOCELL sensor, 5P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, two-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording, 120fps slow-motion
- 5MP front-facing camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 138.1×69.6×7.8mm; Weight: 132g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3080mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
The Xiaomi Mi 4c comes in white, blue, yellow and pink colors with matte finish and is priced at 1299 Yuan ( US$ 204 / Rs. 13,370 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and 1499 Yuan ( US$ 235 / Rs. 15,445 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version. It will be available for order in China starting from tomorrow, September 23rd through mi.com and Tmall.com. No word on global roll out yet.