Asus started taking pre-orders for the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 on Flipkart in India from August 19th, which was supposed to go on sale from mid-September. Today the company has announced that it has advanced the sales of the smartphone on Flipkart, which is now available for purchase starting from today. Asus recently announced that it received 30,000 pre-orders for its new Zenfone lineup, soon after the pre-order, and the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 received 10,000 pre-orders on the third day of the pre-order.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 (ZE550KL) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with 72% screen to body ratio, Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.8~3.9 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 (ZE550KL) comes in Pure Black, Ceramic White and Glamour Red colors and is priced at Rs. 9,999. Check out our review of the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 if you are planning to get one. At the launch event Asus announced that it will sell 3GB RAM variant of the smartphone with an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor in future for Rs. 13,999.
Asus is also selling the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL) on Flipkart at a price of Rs. 9,799 for the 8GB variant and Rs. 9,999 for the 16GB variant. These are costly since the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 (ZE550KL) with a larger screen and a bigger battery is available for the same price.
Regarding the response for its new Zenfone series in India, Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India, said:
We are humbled with the kind of response we have received from the consumers in India. Being a new entrant in the market, consumers have accepted the brand with such great enthusiasm that we have to reset the sale date of our latest offering. Our endeavour has always been to ‘empower luxury to everyone’ and Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 is priced in a way that targets masses with its high-end features. Today we have a reach in 660 cities through Flipkart and we aim to achieve 5% market share in the country by next year.