Sony has announced the Xperia Z5 Compact at the IFA 2015. It has a 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Triluminos Display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button and packs a 23-megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Sony G lens, Hybrid AF speed of 0.03s, 5x clear image zoom without loss of quality, 4K video recording, similar to the Xperia Z5.
It also has a 5-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera with EXMOR R sensor. It has IPX5 / IPX8 ratings for dust and water resistance with capless USB and Sony’s LDAC audio compression codec that promises high-quality wireless music playback and high-quality music experience.
Sony Xperia Z5 compact Specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 sensor, G lens, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- IP65/68 rating for dust and water resistance
- Dimensions: 127 x 65 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2700mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z5 compact comes in White, Graphite Black, Yellow and Coral colors and would launch globally from October 2015.