Samsung has announced the Galaxy S6 edge+ smartphone at the Galaxy Unpacked 2015 event, as expected. It has a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display that is curved on both the sides, is powered by a Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos 7420 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Quick Launch feature lets you launch the camera in less than one second by double clicking the home button, Auto Real-time HDR and new filters.
It has similar design as the Galaxy S6 edge, comes with a Fingerprint sensor built into the home button for secure lock and payments using Samsung Pay and heart-rate monitor on the back. It has KNOX Active Protection and My KNOX app to protect sensitive personal and work data. It packs a 3000mAh built-in battery and fast charging capabilities to the charge the phone fully in approximately 90 minutes using a wired charger and just 120 minutes using Samsung’s wireless charger.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) 64 bit, 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, 4K(UHD) video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dimensions: 154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9mm, Weight: 153g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 3000mAh battery, Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ comes in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium colors. It will be available for order starting from today in the US and Canada and will go on sale from August 21st.