Samsung announced the Galaxy Grand Prime 4G for India back in February at the Samsung Forum 2015 in Bangkok. Samsung has finally started selling the smartphone in India through its official eStore. It packs a 5-inch qHD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). When we went hands-on with the smartphone it was running Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support. As the name suggests, it has 4G LTE connectivity with support for bands FDD-LTE B1(2100),B3(1800),B5(850),B8(900),B20(800) and TDD-LTE : B40(2300).
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime 4G specifications
- 5-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 144.8×72.1×8.6mm; Weight: 156 grams
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS, NFC
- 2600 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime 4G comes in white, grey and gold colors and is priced at Rs. 11,100.