ZTE has officially announced Axon Pro, the company’s flagship smartphone for the U.S. market, as it promised. It packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera for quick auto focus and depth sensing. It also has a dedicated camera key and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
The company says it’s Made in the U.S., for the U.S. It comes with 4G LTE (cat.6) connectivity and has AK4961 24-bit ADC for an enhanced audio output.
ZTE Axon Pro specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) CGS TFT LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor ( 4x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + 4 x 2.0 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Single nano SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 4K video recording, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, 88-degree wide-angle lens,1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 154 x 75 x 9.3mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The ZTE Axon Pro comes in Ion Gold, Chromium Silver and Phthalo Blue colors and is priced at $449.88 (Rs. 28,500 approx.) unlocked. It will be available from ZTEUSA.com, Amazon, eBay, and Newegg starting July 27. Customers who pre-orders the smartphone will get a free JBL headphones worth $49.99.