Samsung Galaxy A8 has finally gone official in China after several rumors. It packs a 5.7-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with ultra-narrow bezels and has full metal uni-body design, similar to the other A series smartphones and is just 5.9mm thick. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop). It has a fingerprint sensor on the home button.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens. It has 4G LTE support and might come with dual SIM support depending on the market.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (1.5GHz Quad A53 + 1.0 GHz Quad A53 ) with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm; Weight: 151 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS
- 3050mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy A8 comes in Black, White and Gold colors. Samsung has not revealed the pricing or details about its global roll out yet.