Chinese smartphone maker Phicomm has entered India with the launch of Passion 660 smartphone, as it announced last month. It has a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC, runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Expect OS 5.0. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone is just 7.4mm thick, weighs 110 grams and has unibody premium magnesium alloy build.
It has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second SIM slot as a expansion slot when needed. It has 4G LTE with support for LTE bands (3 and 40) for India. The company says that that it has global 4G roaming support. It has pedometer that lets you track how much you walk in a day and also the calories burnt. The built-in step-counter sensor does not require GPS & Network and it has 166 times power saving capability as compared to a software, says the company. It also has gesture recognition and built-in barometer.
Phicomm Passion 660 specifications
- 5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Expect OS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- G-sensor, L-sensor，P-Sensor, E-compass, Barometer, Step-counter sensor, Gesture sensor
- Dimensions: 139.5 x 69 x 7.4mm; Weight: 110g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2300mAh battery
The Phicomm Passion 660 comes in Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 10,999. It will be exclusively available from Amazon.in starting from June 9th.
Commenting on the launch, Zheng Min – CEO of PHICOMM, said:
PHICOMM Passion 660 is an innovative smartphone which reflects the distinctive needs of the Indian consumers. Indian smartphone market is constantly evolving and consumers here are looking for unique smartphones with advanced features and high standards to gain the maximum experience. Our strong in-house research and development team have helped in customizing the smart phone especially for the Indian consumers.
Samir Kumar, Director, Category Management, Amazon India, said:
We are delighted to be the partner of choice for PHICOMM and offer our customers the opportunity to be the first to purchase PHICOMM’s flagship smartphone Passion 660 and other products going forward. We see this as a great opportunity to offer customers across India the ease, convenience & joy of shopping for a product of their choice.