Acer has announced Liquid Jade Z, the successor of last year’s Liquid Jade smartphone ahead of MWC 2015. It has a 5-inch HD IPS display based on Zero Air Gap technology with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat), similar to the Liquid Jade, but this is powered by a faster 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 with 4G LTE support and has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Dual Shot feature that lets users make a collage of simultaneous shots from the front and rear cameras for picture-in-picture and video-in-video and Bright Magic the allows users to get brighter photos even under low light, as well as shooting 6 in a row and integrate them into a single brighter photo. AcerEXTEND will enable users to take full control of their smartphones via cable or wirelessly using their Windows-based PC.
Acer Liquid Jade Z specifications
- 5-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) IPS OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat), Upgradable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual (nano) SIMs
- 7.9mm thick and weighs 120 grams
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1080p HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS
- 2300mAh battery
The Acer Liquid Jade Z comes in black and white colors and is priced at 199 Euros (US$ 220 / Rs. 13,730 approx.) It would roll out in EMEA starting from this March. Check back later for the hands-on impressions of the smartphone and follow all of our MWC 2015 coverage here.