Acer has launched Acer One S1001, the company’s latest 2-in-1 hybrid device in India that can be used as a table or as a laptop with its latch-less keyboard dock that has a in-built 500GB HDD. It has a 10-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor, has a 2-megapixel rear camera and a VGA front-facing camera. Acer has partnered with Amazon.in to sell it India.
It includes 1TB of storage with a free one-year subscription to OneDrive. You can use it between seamless touch, typing, viewing, and sharing modes.
- Pad mode – Use it as tablet — load your favorite web pages, play exciting game, or watching latest movies, fits nicely in your hand.
- Notebook mode – A fully functional laptop with keyboard, offers efficiency for work and productivity, precise and ample keys for comfortable typing.
- Display mode – Present your proposal or broadcast a video conference, share photos or movies with others, offers a large size of photo frame.
- Tent mode – The perfect mode when you need to use it in a narrow space, e.g. viewing recipes in the kitchen or setting the device up on a bookshelf.
Acer One S1001 specifications
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display
- 1.33GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor (Turbo Boos up to 1.86GHz)
- 1GB / 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Keyboard dock with built-in 500GB HDD
- Windows 8.1 OS
- 2-megapixel rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dual Speakers
- 3G (via dongle), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 2 USB 2.0 Ports, 1 HDMI
- 6000mAh battery
The Acer One is priced at Rs. 19,999 for the 1GB RAM variant and the 2GB RAM variant costs Rs. 21,999. It is available exclusively from Amazon.in starting today.
Commenting on the launch, S Rajendran, Chief Marketing Officer, Acer India said,
The Acer One is a stunning addition to the Acer portfolio of connected devices. A brilliant package of productivity, portability, flexibility and vibrancy, this is the real ‘bender’ － putting you in control of your world － work or play. Indian consumers being intrinsically multitaskers will love this device as it helps us to do just that – achieve more from each moment of our lives.
Samir Kumar, Director Category Management, Amazon India said,
We are excited to offer our customers across India an easy and convenient access to the new Acer One. This is in line with our vision of providing customers across India a wide selection at competitive prices and a trustworthy shopping experience every time they shop on Amazon.in. Increasingly, we are witnessing a growing demand from customers for gadgets that are not just user-friendly but also offer a seamless experience between business & entertainment functionalities. We are certain that the Acer One will resonate very well with the youth.