Gionee has launched Elife S5.1 in India. It is the company’s thinnest smartphone that is just 5.1mm thin and has a magnesium alloy frame. It has a 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and screen-to-body ratio of 74% since it has a narrow frame of just 1.8mm. The back cover is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor and runs on Android 4.4 with Amigo 2.0 UI on top.
It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 88 degree wide-angle lens. It has DTS surround sound support, packs 1GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
Gionee Elife S5.1 Specifications
- 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- Amigo 2.0 (based on Android 4.4 Kitkat)
- Dimensions: 139.8×67.4×5.15mm; Weight: 100g
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- DTS surround sound
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, GPS
- 2100mAh battery
The Gionee Elife S5.1 comes in White, Black, Blue and Pink colors in India and is priced at Rs. 18,999 (MOP). It goes on sale across India in the first week of December.