Metis Learning, an education startup has launched Eddy G70, successor of Eddy that was launched earlier this year. It is an Android-based learning tablet for kids that comes with over 160 of the learning apps. It is based on Android 4.2.2 with an overlay of the proprietary Athena OS that is created specifically for children. Metis has partnered with Intel and Amazon for the tablet.
Features of Metis Eddy G70 tablet
- Comes pre-loaded with over 160 of the world’s best learning apps selected by educators and experts to accelerate a child’s social, emotional and cognitive development
- Preloaded content covers over 300 key skills which a child needs to learn between the ages of 2 to 10.
- Has partnerships with Google’s top education app developers including Intellijoy, Tipitap, iStoryBooks and others to ensure best-in-class learning content.
- Proprietary Athena OS provides children a completely safe environment and allow for robust parental controls, including time discipline, usage reports and kid-safe internet browsing
- All content on the tablet is violence-free;
- Eddy’s screen is ophthalmologist approved, and ensures UV ray protection and lower eye strain compared to other screens.
- Scratch proof screen and impact resistant, with a 9H hardness level
- High quality drop-safe bumper made of food grade silicone bumper to prevent damage from falls
Metis Eddy G70 specifications
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) multi-touch display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with Athena OS on top
- dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory , 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 2MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Built-in Mic
- 3G (via dongle),WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, mini HDMI out, USB OTG
- 2800 mAh battery
The Metis Eddy G70 tablet is priced at Rs. 9999 (MRP), and Amazon in India with offers worth Rs. 4,500 for a limited time. This includes, Rs.1,500 off at checkout, free coupon worth Rs.1,499 to purchase bumper cover and pre-loaded learning & education apps worth Rs.1,500.