Sony has started rolling out Android 4.4 (KitKat) update for the Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual smartphones, as it promised. It rolled out KitKat update for E1 and E1 Dual smartphones earlier this month. Along with the KitKat update that adds emojis, printing and more, the update also brings performance tweaks, Sony SmartBand compatibility, new features such as option to move apps to the SD card and some UI changes.
New features in KitKat update for Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual
- Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation
- Tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings – More intuitive and customisable
- Sleek Sony PlayStation 4 launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- Option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card
- Sony’s entire native app portfolio updated to latest versions
- Xperia Themes support with downloadable UI packs
- Compatibility with SmartWear Experience; SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app
The roll out might vary across different carriers and countries. Sony has provided KitKat updates for several Xperia smartphones as it promised.