Xiaomi has launched the Mi3 in India. It has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI, based one-glass solution (OGS) ultra-sensitive touch, powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU and runs on MIUI v5 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS BSI sensor, 28mm lens with f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash and a 2-megapixel BSI front-facing camera with 30mm lens.
Talking about their India foray, Bin Lin, Co-founder and President, Xiaomi, said,
We see India as a huge opportunity for us and are excited about bringing Mi products to this market. Just like in our other markets, we will strive to provide users with incredible value, and the best customer experience possible.
Commenting on bringing their flagship device to India, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global, added,
Mi 3 is the fastest Mi phone ever. We are very excited to offer one of the world’s most powerful smartphones in India at an incredibly affordable price point of INR 13,999/-. We hope Indian users will love MIUI, our super intuitive Android-based operating system.
Talking about the company’s India operations, Manu Jain, India Operations Head, Xiaomi, said
We are looking to provide the best in class experience to our Mi fans in India. We are starting with 35+ service centres across top 20 cities, a hotline that operates 7 days a week, and a vibrant Mi India Facebook page. Our partner Flipkart, with its world-class technology and customer service, will be key to providing this experience.
Xiaomi Mi3 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi3 is priced at Rs. 13,999, cheaper than the pricing that it announced last week. This is definitely a great pricing for the feature-packed smartphone. It is exclusively available for pre-booking on Flipkart starting today, July 15th till 21st July and would go one sale starting July 22nd. Only customers who register before 21st July would be able to purchase the smartphone, says Xiaomi. We reviewed the smartphone recently, check out the Xiaomi Mi3 Review, if you are planning to get the smartphone.