LG unveiled the LG G3, the company’s latest flagship last month. It went on sale in Korea soon after the launch, today LG has announced that the LG G3 would release globally starting from June 27th. It packs a 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display, powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new flat UI, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED flashes, a new Laser AF and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.
Regarding the global launch of LG G3, Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, said
Early indications give us reason to be optimistic that G3 will be as successful globally as it has been in Korea. It’s quite an honor to be considered the new industry benchmark for premium smartphones but in the end, what really matters is how consumers feel about our latest flagship device because it was their feedback that helped us create G3.
LG G3 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IPS display at 538ppi
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Dimensions – 146.3×74.6×9.1; Weight: 151 grams
- 13MP rear camera with OIS, Dual LED Flash, Laser Auto Focus and 4K video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 2GB / 3GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 , GPS, NFC, Slim Port
- 3000 mAh removable battery, Qi wireless charging
The smartphone will be localized in some markets with unique features and the European and Asian models will feature wireless charging. LG would also sell its portable wireless charger separately in these markets.
The LG G3 would launch in Asia starting from Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, and the Philippines followed by the rest of Asia, Europe and the Middle East regions in July. Country specific launch date and pricing would be announced locally at launch time. LG has also released an infographics explaining all the features of the smartphone.