Path, Inc., the company behind the Path social network has launched Path Talk, its first messaging app for Android and iPhone. After introducing messaging feature in the Path app that was successful, it decided to launch a separate app for messaging. This has unique features including Ambient Status that automatically tells your friends when you are in transit, nearby, or low on battery and Quick Replies to nudge a friend, acknowledge a message, or start a call without ever using a keyboard.
Highlights of Path Talk for Android and iPhone
- Off the Record: Messages you send in Path Talk are automatically erased from our servers 24 hours after you send them, so you can now be yourself in conversations.
- Ambient Status: Path Talk can automatically tell your friends when you’re in transit, in the neighborhood, or even low on battery so your availability is always understood.
- Message Music, Maps, and more: Easily send movies, music, books, maps, locations, and high quality photos and videos—all with a single tap.
- Quick Replies: Save time by nudging a friend or acknowledging a message directly from your message list with just a swipe.
- Handmade Stickers: We’ve hired some of the best artists in the industry to imagine and draw characters for you to use when emoji just isn’t enough.
- Voice Messaging: Quickly send and receive high quality voice messages 1-on-1 with a friend or back and forth with a group of people.
Path plans to add Place Messaging that would enable Talk messaging between you and any local business so that you can book reservations, get prices, check in-store and more. Both Android and iOS platforms are already flooded with messaging apps. Do you think you need another messaging app?