Google seems to be spending a lot of time and resources in adding features and functionality to its suite of applications that come with an Android smartphone. Rumors are floating around that Google is planning a complete visual overhaul of its Gmail application and Google Calendar application. In the meantime, Google has updated its mobile browser – Chrome for Beta with some much needed features.
Some of the features that Chrome Beta has picked up in the latest update include the ability to undo a tab close, better fullscreen video viewing and Samsung Multi-Window support. Chrome for Beta has been updated to version 35 and according to Google’s official blog post, the following are the changes
- Undo Tab Close
- Fullscreen video with Subtitles and HTML5 controls
- Support for some multi-window devices
- Support for casting some videos with Chromecast
In addition to mentioning the features, since this is a beta version, Google has also given a list of issues that come with the browser.
Known issues include:
- YouTube support for casting videos is not complete
- Fullscreen video controls are not complete