Samsung Galaxy S5 that was launched in India last month is on sale from retailers and from the official Samsung India eStore. Samsung started taking pre-orders for the Galaxy S5 starting from March 29th with cash back offer for Citbank credit card holders. It packs a 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display, powered by a Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat).
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, Ultra HD video recording at 30fps, HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot and more new features and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It has IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
It also has the Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments, S Health 3.0 with additional tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor and packs a 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor with Mali T628 MP6 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
At the launch Samsung said that the Galaxy S5 would be priced between Rs. 51,000 and Rs. 53,000. It is now on sale in India for Rs. 51,500 as rumored. It would also be available in 125 countries including US, Europe, Middle East, Latin America, and Asian markets starting today.