Xolo has just launched the Q500, the company’s latest smartphone in the Q CORE series featuring a quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor. It has a 4-inch (480 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display based on OGS (One Glass Solution) technology , powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 (MSM8225Q) processor with Adreno 203 GPU and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 720p video recording and has a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone comes with dual SIM support with dual standby.
It also comes with TransPic app that lets users translate Hindi text in images to English by simply pointing the smartphone’s camera at any poster or a sign board. The text is also read out loud using text to speech functionality. It also has point and grab feature that lets users conveniently input the detected Hindi text to an internet search or send it as an SMS easily.
Xolo Q500 specifications
- 4-inch (480 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen OGS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor (MSM8225Q) with Adreno 203 GPU
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 5MP camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 10.7mm thick
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor
- 3G (HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA up to 5.6 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- 1GB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 1450 mAh battery
The Xolo Q500 comes in White color and is priced at Rs. 7,999.