Nokia N900 is Official runs Maemo Linux and might be the Best Nokia Phone Ever
Nokia N900 has been getting a lot of buzz weeks before Nokia World 2009. Mobile-Review posted pics and specs last week and yday we saw a official press shot being leaked . But today the N900 just got an official announcement as Nokia continues to bombard us with press releases. The phone runs Maemo Linux and you know what the device looks really promising – We would even give it the title of the Best Nokia Phone Ever by simply looking at the specs.
Nokia has had tablets in the past but the hardware was a joke. And it was just a lame internet tablet – N810, N800 , 770 etc. But N900 has a SIM Card slot which means that you can use it as a phone as well.The Nokia N900 is powered by powerful ARM 600 MHz CPU and features up to 1GB of application memory and sports a OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics Engine acceleration.
- 600 MHz CPU
- 3.5 G and Wi-Fi connectivity
- 3D graphics accelerator with OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- 800 × 480 pixels WVGA touchscreen display
- 32GB of Memory expandable upto 48 gigs
- 5 Megapixel Camera with Carl Zeiss Optics , Dual LED flash
- Photo editor on device
- 800 × 480 resolution video recording
- Slide out Full QWERTY keyboard
- Maemo Browser with multitab browsing
- Full-screen browsing
- Maemo 5 with Multitasking
- Full Flash support
- Assisted-GPS receiver
- 3.5mm AV connector
- TV out
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263.
- BL-5J 1320mAh battery
- Price : 500 euros or around Rs.35000 in India ( But No clue if Nokia will bring this device to India)