Indian budget Android device manufacturer, Gionee, has introduced yet another model dubbed the G Pad – G2. The G2 is the company’s 10th product over the course of three months and features a rather large 5.3 inch display. The phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor while the operating system is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. It was launched last month, now the phone is finally on sale.
The GPad-G2 also has an 8MP auto focus camera over at the back next to an LED flash. The camera can shoot video in up to 720p resolution. A 2MP front facing camera is also provided. The screen despite being large at 5.3″ has a resolution of just qHD which means that content just won’t appear as sharp as possible because of the low pixel density. The dual SIM phone is powered by a 3000 mAh battery pack that should enable fairly long stand by times.
The phone is of the dual standby variety. In addition to the standard hardware features, Gionee has bundled in software based DTS sound that should enable a better music listening experience. Popular apps like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter have also been pre-installed. The phone will be available in both grey and while and will ship with a 16GB memory card. Internal memory is 4GB.
Gionee GPad G2 Specifications
- 5.3-inch (960 × 540 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- 8 MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 720p HD video recording
- 2 MP front-facing camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- 3000 mAh battery
The Gionee GPad-G2 has been priced at Rs. 13,990 and will ship with a free flip case, screen guard.