LG Optimus G Pro to get Smart Video feature with eye recognition to control video playback
LG has announced that the Optimus G Pro would get new features in a new Value Pack upgrade including Smart Video and Smart Camera features. Smart Video recognizes the position of the viewer’s eyes and automatically plays or stops the video when the viewer’s eyes are no longer focused on the smartphone display. LG unveiled the Optimus G Pro last month, that went on sale in Korea at the end of last month.
LG already showed off the Dual Recording feature in the Optimus G Pro that allows users to capture video with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously. In the upcoming Value Pack upgrade, the Smart Camera feature, an extension of the Smart Video, would let you capture photographs using both the front and back cameras for a picture-in-picture composition.
Other features in the LG Optimus G Pro Value Pack Upgrade include,
- Magic Remote Pad and Text Keypad via the QRemote function. These new options for QRemote work specifically with LG
- Smart TVs to enhance convenience when using Optimus G Pro as a remote control for LG Smart TVs.
- The Smart LED Lighting outlining the home button of the Optimus G Pro will be upgraded so users can customize the colors to correspond to their favorite contacts. The flashing of the LED in different colors will allow users to identify the source of incoming calls, missed calls, unread messages and emails.
- Video Pause/Resume allows the user to stop and start in record mode for one continuous video file.
- The first Color Emoticons in an Android smartphone for more personalized text messages.
The LG Optimus G Pro Value Pack Upgrade would be available in Korean market starting next month. LG has also confirmed that these features would be available for LG premium smartphones in the future.