Sony Xperia U announced with 3.5-inch display and 1 GHz Dual-core processor
Sony Mobile has announced the Xperia U. It has similar design as the Sony Xperia S but it is a mid-end smartphone. It has 3.5-inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine and 1 GHz dual-core processor. It is NFC enabled and has changable colour caps at the bottom of the phone. It has xLoud and 3D surround sound audio technology for crisp and loud listening. The transparent element illuminates to match the colour of photos viewed in the gallery or the album art of music tracks currently playing.
Specifications of Sony Xperia U
- 3.5-inch (854×480 pixels) scratch-resistant TFT Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- 1 GHz STE U8500 dual-core processor
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) (Upgrade to Android 4, Ice Cream Sandwich, planned in Quarter 2 2012)
- 5MP auto focus camera with LED Flash and 720p HD video recording, VGA Front-facing camera
- Dimensions - 112 x 54 x 12 mm and weighs 110 grams
- 3G, Wi-Fi, DLNA, Bluetooth, NFC, aGPS
- FM radio with RDS, 3.5 mm audio jack
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal memory (6GB user memory)
- 1320 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia U comes in white or black, with pink and yellow exchangeable caps and would be available globally in mid-Q2 2012.