LG has announced Optimus 3D Cube, successor of their flagship 3D smartphone, LG Optimus 3D that was launched last year. This new 3D smartphone comes with 4.3 inches wide viewing angle (IPS) LCD display. It is powered by 1.2GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 2.3 version Gingerbread. It has Dual 5MP auto focus cameras with LED flash and secondary VGA camera. It comes with unique features such as My Suit that lets you edit icons with custom image, 3D editing tool and has NFC that also comes wit hLG Tag Plus (Tag +). It is just 9.6mm thick and weighs 148g that is said to be one of the world’s thinnest and lightest 3D phone till date.
LG Optimus 3D Cube Specifications
- 4.3-inch (800 x 400 pixels) wide viewing angle (IPS) LCD display with 520 nits (2D) / 250 nits (3D) brightness
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 9.6mm thick and weighs 148g
- Dual 5MP AF cameras, VGA front camera
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- NFC, LG Tag + (tag stickers 2 sheets support)
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, aGPS
- 1,520 mAh battery
It also comes with stereoscopic 3D converter that converts 2D to 3D images and specific applications, such as Naver Map.
The LG Optimus 3D Cube would be showcased at MWC (Mobile World Congress) on February 27th 2012 in Barcelona, Spain. It would be available in Korea early March for SK Telecom for 847,000 Korean Won (US$753).