Google+ for Android has got a major update to version 1.0.7, that brings the Hangout to the Android phones (Android 2.3+ and front-facing camera) that lets you join a hangout on the Google+ stream. Huddle is now renamed as Messenger. This also brings move to SD card support and lots of improvements.
New Features in Google+ v1.0.7 for Android
- Join hangouts from the mobile app just by entering into an active hangout in your stream
- Set profile photo from the app just by clicking edit on your profile
- Share photos in Messenger
- Long press on posts in stream to +1, share and mute
- Improvements in the video playback and public search for people
- More options in the push notification settings for posts, mentions and photos
- Move app to your SD card
This version also brings Reliability improvements in Messenger and improvements in +mention support. Other than these, US and Indian users can now post to Google+, receive notifications, and respond to group messages via SMS just by verifying the mobile number in the Google+ settings.
Download the Google+ for Android from the Android Market (Android 2.1 and up) for free.
Hangout feature for Google+ app for iPhone would be available soon.
Update: The Hangout feature and photo sharing option in Messenger for Google+ for iPhone is now available in the latest update (v 220.127.116.116). Download it from the Apple iTunes Store (iOS 4.0 or later).