OPPO launched the F5, a selfie-focused smartphone with 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 full-screen display last month, and as promised, it has launched the F5 Youth smartphone, a cheaper version of the phone. It has a similar display and comes with A.I. beauty recognition technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly and also offers bokeh effect along with Face unlock, but this has a 16-megapixel front camera and a 13-megapixel rear camera.
OPPO F5 Youth specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-scren 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 770MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh built-in battery
The OPPO F5 Youth comes in Black and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 16,990 and will go on sale starting December 8th through online and offline stores across the country.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, Global VP, OPPO and President of OPPO India, said:
Our focus has always been on bringing the best photography and Selfie experience to the Indian consumers, especially the youth. We believe that the youth demands a device that represents them and syncs well with their youthful and fashionable personality. We have been leading the Selfie industry in the Indian market and with the first A.I. Beauty technology in India, we are confident of going further ahead in this journey.