Back in June OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 4.1.5, which was quickly withdrawn and the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update was released. Now OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 4.1.7 update for the 3 and 3T that brings improvements, including enhanced system fluidity and battery optimizations. OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei event tweeted that that update brings touch latency improvements.
Saw some confusion about this: OxygenOS 4.1.7 for 3/3T does indeed come with touch latency improvements.— Carl Pei (@getpeid) August 22, 2017
It also brings Android security patch for August and also fixes several bugs, including app locker bug caused due to third-party apps. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Enhanced system fluidity
- Battery optimizations
- Android security patch updated to August
- Sound channel error while recording videos
- Call is routed to speaker accidently by some 3rd party apps
- Rendering issue in Indian Kannada language
- App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps
- As requested by Google, Hangouts will be removed if you have never updated it on Play Store. To keep Hangouts, please update it prior to the upgrade
The OxygenOS 4.1.7 update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T is 413MB in size and is gradually rolling out for all. OnePlus recently confirmed that Android 8.0 (Oreo) will be the last major update for these phones.