Meizu just announced M6 Note, the company’s latest smartphone in the Note series at an event in China, as it had promised. It a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, similar to the predecessor, but this is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile platform instead of MediaTek Helio P10 SoC and also comes with a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, dual-tone quad-LED flash arranged in antenna lines and dual PD focusing technology for fast focus in just 0.0.3 seconds along with a secondary 5-megapixel rear camera to capture depth information.
The company says that it uses multi-frame noise reduction and HDR algorithms from ArcSoft that will further improve the picture quality. It also has a 16-megapixel camera on the front. It has a mtouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button to unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, has a metal unibody design and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Meizu M6 Note specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 16GB / 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone quad-LED flash, Sony IMX362/ Samsung 2L7 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, 6P lens, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.6 x 75.2 x 8.35mm; Weight: 173g
- 4G voLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu M6 Note comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors and is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 165 / Rs. 10570 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage version, 1299 yuan (US$ 195 / Rs. 12,500 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 255/ Rs. 16,350 approx.). It will be available for order in China from today and goes on sale from September 2nd.