Sharp this week introduced AQUOS R, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in Japan. It packs a 5.3 inch (2,560 × 1,440 pixels ) IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display, metal frame and a glass back. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It has a 22.6-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS and a 16.3-megapixel front camera.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front embedded into the home button. It has AI app “Emopar” that learns your actions and habits and gives suggestions of what to do accordingly. It also has arotating Robocle charging dock. The ‘R’ in the AQUOS R means Reality, Response, Reliability, and Robotics says the company.
Sharp AQUOS R specifications
- 5.3-inch Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels) IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS)
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 22.6MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, 90-degree wide-angle lens
- 16.3MP front-facing camera
- Water and dust resistant (IPX 5 – IPX8 / IP6X)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 153×74×8.7mm
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3160 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Sharp AQUOS R comes in Black and White colors and will be available from summer of 2017. No details about the pricing."Sharp AQUOS R with 5.3-inch Quad HD IGZO display, Snapdragon 835, Android 7.1 announced",