Kodak has introduced Ektra, its second Android smartphone after the IM5 that was introduced back in January 2015. This has a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX230 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), non-reflective lens coating, dual-tone LED flash and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a dedicated shutter button, customizable manual mode and the camera lens is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass. It has a leather-like finish on the outside for a better grip.
It packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and has 4G support via SIM card. The phone is manufactured by Bullitt, the same company that built the IM5.
It comes with widget with Kodak-curated app recommendations such as Adobe Lightroom, VSCO and Prisma.
Kodak Ektra specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.3GHz Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis OIS, Sony IMX230 sensor, 26.5mm lens
- 13MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Kodak Ektra will be go on sale in Europe for £449 / €499 (Rs. 36,600 approx.) this December.
Commenting on the latest camera-centric smartphone, Jeff Clarke, Kodak Chief Executive, said:
Kodak has a rich history in imaging technology and the launch of the KODAK Smartphone today demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bringing the latest advances in photography to consumers.The original KODAK EKTRA Camera was launched in 1941 and in its latest reincarnation, opens up a world of creative opportunities to all who care about photography.