Samsung introduced T3, it’s latest palm-sized, external solid state drive (SSD) with USB 3.1 Type C support at the CES 2016 earlier this year. It launched it in India yesterday. It is compatible with a range of USB supported devices, including the latest Android smartphones and tablets, and computers with Windows or Mac OS.
It comes in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities, offers sequential read and write speeds of up to 450MB/s with a USB 3.1 interface and weighs just 51 grams. It is based on the same controllers and flash used in 2.5″ SATA SSDs, includes a Type C to Type A cable and has a metal casing.
Samsung T3 Portable SSD Specifications
- Capacity – 250GB/500GB/1TB/2TB
- Interface Compatible with USB 3.1, USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 74 x 58 x 10.5 mm; Weight: 51 grams
- Transfer Speed – Sequential: Up to 450MB/sec
- Strong, shock-resistant metal case and internal support frame
- UASP Mode
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Requires Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS 10.7 or higher and Android KitKat (version 4.4) or higher.
- Certification – CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB
- RoHS2 Compliance
- Limited 3-year warranty
The Samsung T3 Portable SSD will be available across India starting from March 21st.
- 250GB – Rs. 10,999
- 500GB – Rs. 18,999
- 1TB – Rs. 37,999
- 2TB – Rs. 74,999
Commenting on the launch, Sukesh Jain, Vice-President, Samsung India Electronics, said:
With digital content on the rise, consumers, content creators, and business professionals are in need of a high-speed, reliable and secure storage which is accessible from multiple devices such as PCs, smartphones and tablets. Samsung is leading the way in redefining and revolutionizing the external storage market with the success of Portable SSD T1 launched in 2015. We will set new benchmarks with the new Portable SSD T3 without compromising on storage capacity, style and security.