ZOPO has finally announced its most expected Speed 8 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona. It is the first first smartphone to be introduced with the Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, has 4GB of RAM, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), features a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX230 sensor, PDAF for fast focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera that also has LED flash.
It has brushed metal finish, dual SIM support and supports 4G LTE connectivity with support for TDD-LTE bands: 1880-1920/2300-2400/2555-2655MHz and 4G FDD-LTE bands 1/3/7/20 (800/1800/2100/2600MHz). It has USB Type-C port, fingerprint scanner on the back and a 3600mAh built-in battery with support for fast charging.
We went hands on the with the device at MWC 2016 at Barcelona and here are our impressions in the video below:
ZOPO Speed 8 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with 700MHz Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 21MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX230 sensor, 6P lenses
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 4P lenses
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 76.35 x 9.8mm; Weight: 136g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Front-facing speaker
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC, USB OTG
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging
The ZOPO Speed 8 comes in Black and Silver colors and is priced at $299.99 (Rs. 20,560 approx.). It will go on sale from April 12th."ZOPO Speed 8 with 5.5-inch 1080p display, 10-Core Helio X20, 4GB RAM announced for $299.99",