After announcing the PadFone mini 4.3 with a 4.3-inch qHD display last month and the PadFone mini earlier this month with a 4-inch WVGA screen at the CES, Asus has unveiled the PadFone E with a 4.7-inch HD screen and large 10.1-inch tablet dock in Taiwan. It has a 4.7-inch HD (1280×720 pixels) IPS display, 1.4 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It has PadFone station dock with a 10.1-inch (1280 ×720 pixels) display with anti-finger print coating and Corning gorilla glass protection.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f2.4 aperture and a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera. The tablet dock has a 1-megapixel camera on the tablet. It also has dual SIM support with dual standby.
Asus PadFone E specifications
- 4.7-inch HD (1280×720 pixels) IPS display with Corning gorilla glass protection
- 10.1-inch (1280 ×720 pixels) display with corning gorilla glass protection
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 13 MP camera with LED flash
- 1.2MP front-facing camera / 1MP on the tablet
- Phone Dimensions: 139.6 x 69.7 x 9.08 mm; Weight: 126 grams
- Padfone station Dimensions: 181.5 x 263.6 x 17.44 mm; Weight: 525.67 grams
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, aGPS and GLONASS
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 1820 mAh battery (in phone)
- 5000 mAh battery (in Padfone station)
The Asus PadFone E comes in Black and White colors. It is priced at 16980 New Taiwan Dollars (~Rs. 35,350). No word on global roll out yet.