Lenovo S650 is yet another mid-range Android smartphone from yet another Chinese manufacturer. The Lenovo S650 is present at CES 2014 and we go hands on with the device. Lenovo is usually very concerned about the build quality of its products and the Lenovo S650 is no different. Lenovo has given the S650 a polycarbonate back cover with fabric-feel texture that makes it stand apart from the crowd.
The specifications of Lenovo S650 are as follows
- 4.7-inch (960 x 540 pixels) capacitive touchscreen display
- 1.3 GHz Quad-Core MediaTek 6582 processor with Mali 400 GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (WCDMA+GSM)
- 8MP auto focus camera with LED Flash
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Digital Plus audio
- Dimensions – 138 x 8.77 x 69.8mm; Weight: 126g
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 2000 mAh battery
The front of the phone is dominated by the beautiful 4.7inch qHD display that shows excellent viewing angles. Below the display, we have three capacitive touch keys and above the display, we have earpiece, the proximity and ambient light sensor combination along with the 0.3MP front facing camera.
The right side of the phone has the volume rocker. The bottom part houses the microUSB port.
There is nothing on the left side. On the top, we have the 3.5mm audio jack and there is a power lock button exactly the center.
The Lenovo S650 looks quite good, but will it fare well among the other budget smartphones?