Sony has been one of those companies which has always given a timeline for its Android updates. While other manufacturers are busy working on Android 4.4 KitKat for their flagship devices, Sony is silently pushing relatively minor Android 4.3 Jellybean update to two of its top of the shelf products – Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra was launched in July and it came with Android 4.2 Jellybean while the Xperia Z1 which was announced at IFA earlier this year also came with Android 4.2 Jellybean. Today Sony has started rolling out the Android 4.3 Jellybean update for both its flagship devices. Courtesy of the new update, you get the following features
- The update brings UI optimization and enhanced Project Butter performance that came with Google’s Android 4.3
- Sony’s Social Camera which debuted on Xperia Z1 is now available for Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- Updated core Sony apps with under the hood optimization and small changes – Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Enhanced Media applications – Album, WALKMAN and Movies
- Unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
The update is not yet available in India at the moment and like all prior updates from Sony, the update will gradually roll out to India in the coming days.