HTC has announced the Desire 501, a mid-range smartphone in the Desire series along with the Desire 700 dual sim today in Taiwan. It has a 4.3-inch (480 × 800 pixels) display, powered by a 1.15 GHz dual-core NovaThor U8520 processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Sense UI. It has a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and BSI sensor and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera with 88-degree ultra-wide-angle lens. It has NFC support, but misses dual SIM support present in the Desire 500. HTC has also launched the Desire 601 dual sim and the Desire 300 for the Taiwanese market.
HTC Desire 501 specifications
- 4.3-inch (480 × 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.15 GHz dual-core NovaThor U8520 processor
- 8MP Auto Focus rear Camera with LED flash, F 2.0 aprture, BSI Sensor
- 2.1MP front-facing camera with 88-degree ultra-wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 3G (HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS, NFC
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- 2100 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 501 comes in Black, Pink and White colors and is priced at NT$ 9900 (~Rs. 20850) . It would go on sale in Taiwan exclusively from Chunghwa Telecom. No word on global launch yet.