Lenovo has announced the Vibe X, the company’s latest smartphone at the IFA 2013. It has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS “20/20 Vision” display at 440 PPI for sharp images with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor and has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 88 degree wide angle lens. There is also a photo application to view and organize images, option to create puzzles and customize specific games from the photos, choose custom settings and filters and instant photo and video sharing.
It has premium polycarbonate body, advanced mold and laser-engraved 3D tactile finish. It is just 6.9mm and weighs just 121 grams. We will bring you the hands on impressions of the device soon.
Lenovo Vibe X specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with 88 degree wide angle lens
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth with A2DP, aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory
- 2000 mAh battery
The Vibe X would be available in China starting in October and in countries where Lenovo smartphones are sold beginning in December. It would not be available in Europe. Lenovo did not reveal any details about the price yet.