After leaks, motorola has officially introduced the moto g play 2023, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the g Play series, in the US. It has a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate with 86.45% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio G37 SoC, has 3GB RAM, and runs Android 12.
The phone has a 16MP main camera, 2MP depth and a 2MP macro camera and a 5MP front camera. The company says that it has added AI-enabled features like Auto Smile capture, Smart Composition and Dual Capture. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, IP52 ratings for water resistance and a 5000mAh battery with 10W charging.
moto g play (2023) specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G37 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 with My UX
- 16MP rear camera, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported loudspeaker
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 167.24 x 76.54 x 9.36mm; Weight: 203g
- Water-repellent design (IP52)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The moto g play (2023) comes in Deep Indigo colour and will be available unlocked at Best Buy, Amazon.com, and Motorola.com starting January 12 at an MSRP of US$ 169.99 (Rs. 13,980 approx.).
It will also be available from Metro by T-Mobile, Dish, Xfinity Mobile, UScellular, Consumer Cellular, Spectrum Mobile, and Optimum Mobile later. The phone will launch in Canada on the same day and will be available at Motorola.ca and through select carriers and national retail locations.