HONOR is all set to introduce the X40 GT in the new GT series and the HONOR Play 40 Plus in an event in China later today, now the company has silently introduced HONOR Play 6C, a budget 5G phone in China. This has a 6.5-inch HD+ 90Hz screen with a 5MP camera inside the notch, is powered by Snapdragon 480+ SoC and has up to 8GB of RAM.
The phone has a 13MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 22.5W charging.
HONOR Play 6C specifications
- 6.5-inch (720 x 1600 Pixels) HD+20:9 aspect ratio IPS display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480+ 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with MagicUI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.66×75.13×8.68mmmm; Weight: 194g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR Play 6C comes in Silver, Black and Blue colours and is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 152 / Rs. 12,595 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB and the 8GB + 128GB model costs 1299 yuan (US$ 180 / Rs. 14,885 approx.). It is already on sale in China.