Flipkart’s flagship event, “The Big Billion Days,” returns for its 9th year. From September 23 to September 30, 2022, The Big Billion Days (TBBD) will bring together millions of buyers, sellers, MSMEs, and Kirana delivery partners for a fun holiday season for everyone.
TBBD this year will celebrate innovation, impact, and inclusion with innovative Flipkart app offers. This will include a gamification experience through “Coupon Rain” that allows customers to play with family and friends and offers seasonal prizes. Customers can pre-book beauty, general merchandise, home, electronics, and lifestyle products by paying INR 1 as a token advance.
Flipkart will offer interactive shows and products with commerce-linked rewards on its Video Commerce platform. This year, customers will also have access to a special range of products under “TBBD Specials,” featuring industry-first innovations to make shopping memorable. Over 130 “Special Edition” collectibles from 90+ brands and 10,000+ new products will be available.
They’ll get access to new items co-created by businesses and celebrities including Virat Kohli, Kriti Sanon, Chef Vikas Khanna, Ayushmann Khurrana, Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan, P V Sindhu, and K L Rahul. Shoppers around the country will find festive merchandise.
Sustainable Supply Chain
Flipkart expands first- and last-mile delivery capabilities. Flipkart has added hundreds of last-mile delivery hubs all over the country. Its largest fulfilment centre is in Haringhata, West Bengal.
- Flipkart offers open box delivery for mobiles and electronics. In Open Box Delivery, the product is opened in front of the customer by a Flipkart wishmaster, who is a delivery partner. The customer must accept the delivery only if their order is complete. This consumer-focused effort strengthens customer trust. Select brands and PIN codes in India now offer open box delivery.
- Most shipments will be handled at facilities that are part of a sustainable supply chain and delivered by a fleet of thousands of electric vehicles (EVs).
Strengthening Kirana Delivery
Flipkart has added over 2 lakh kirana partners to deliver fashion, home, sports, and groceries. This will give consumers in metros, tier-2+ cities, and rural areas access to platform items.
Value for B2B – Flipkart Wholesale
This year, TBBD will offer deals on a wide range of goods and margins to make the holidays more fun for its B2B members.
Other Diversified Customer-Offerings
Through Flipkart’s Medicines category, people in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities can buy real medicines and health products at low prices on TBBD. Flipkart Hotels will offer flexible and economical booking choices along with easy EMIs, helping 3 lakh domestic and international hotels with room bookings throughout major metropolises and beyond.
Through Flipkart’s Medicines category, people in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities can buy real medicines and health products at low prices on TBBD. Flipkart Hotels will offer flexible and economical booking choices along with easy EMIs, helping 3 lakh domestic and international hotels with room bookings throughout major metropolises and beyond. Flipkart’s Jeeves will also provide post-purchase installation/uninstallation, demo, repair, maintenance, and other services.
Revamped shopping experience
The Big Billion Days will have an upgraded Flipkart app this year. The redesigned experience focuses on aesthetic design, ease-of-navigation, easy discovery of offers and items, and an immersive, interactive experience with influencers and celebs. This year, there will also be more TBBD launches, games, interactive videos, live-streaming, and prizes and coupons that can be won by playing games.
- The new season launch will also bring fashion and lifestyle items to tier-2 regions. Personalized AI is also being used to improve engagement.
- Switch to “Brand Mall” mode for branded products and a premium shopping experience. The Brand Mall mode is an assisted shopping experience on the app with a premium user interface to help shoppers find and navigate premium, branded products in fashion, lifestyle, mobiles, and electronics.
- This year, Flipkart has worked with India’s favourite celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, and MS Dhoni.
- With SuperCoins reinventing loyalty rewards, users may enjoy myriad benefits on every transaction.
Provide Access to Affordability in Tier II and Beyond Markets
Leading banks will offer more credit this year, making shopping even cheaper.
- Paytm, which was the first company to accept digital payments, guarantees 10% discounts on Paytm UPI and Wallet.
- Flipkart Pay Later would provide clients up to Rs. 1 lakh in credit that may be repaid the next month or in easy EMIs.
- Customers can combine Flipkart Pay Later with third-party prepaid choices and offers at checkout. Bajaj Finserv EMI cardholders get no-cost EMI.
Through these partnerships, Flipkart wants to give people in India who are eligible access to its more than 250 million products at prices they can afford.
Flipkart Big Billion Days is all set to begin on September 23 and will last until September 30.
Announcing the launch of The Big Billion Days 2022, Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO – Flipkart Group said,
Over the years, The Big Billion Days (TBBD) has become an experience which customers, sellers, and the entire ecosystem eagerly looks forward to, and all our efforts are dedicated towards making it bigger and better every year. As India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace, we pride ourselves in being close to customers and intimately understanding their needs and expectations.
TBBD also illustrates our commitment towards providing access to quality and affordability to the customers and boosting the economy through our operations in a sustainable manner while creating jobs, and livelihood opportunities across the country. Our growing ecosystem of sellers, MSMEs, Kirana stores, and other partners will witness us seamlessly fulfilling the customers’ evolving requirements across the various nooks and corners of the country.