With only a day left for the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2022 event, the German website WinFuture has revealed the full specifications of both the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Flip4. In addition, the publications show us some more detailed images of the upcoming foldables. So, ahead of the launch, let’s take a closer look at both foldable smartphones in detail.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4:
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 is expected to have a 7.6-inch foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with QHD+ (2176 x 1812 pixels). This inner display has a refresh rate of 120Hz and is protected by Gorilla Glass Victus+. The Z Fold4 has a 6.2-inch Infinity-O screen with a resolution of, 2316 x 904 pixels at a 23.1:9 aspect ratio on the front. Samsung is said to have improved the “Ultra Thin Glass” to make the panel more resistant.
The Galaxy Z Fold4 features three cameras: a 50MP main sensor with OIS, a 12MP ultra-wide sensor, and a 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC manufactured in 4nm.
The phone still has a 4400mAh battery and can be charged via wire at a rate of 25W or wirelessly at a rate of 15W. Samsung also received IPX8 certification for the Z Fold4.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 Expected Specifications:
- 7.6-inch (2176 x 1812 pixels) QuadHD+ 21.6:18 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, HDR10+
- 6.2-inch (2316 x 904 pixels) 23.1:9 HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Cover Display, 387ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50 MP (f/1.8, OIS, Dual Pixel AF) + 12 MP Ultrawide (f/2.2, 1.12 μm) + 10 MP telephoto (f/2.4 1.0 μm, OIS, PDAF, 3x optical zoom)
- 10 MP 1.22 μm, f/2.2; 4 MP 2.0 μm FF, f/1.8
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions Folded: 155.1 x 67.1 x 15.8 mm, Unfolded: 155.1 x 130.1 x 6.3 mm; Weight: 254g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E (2.4/5GHz), HE160, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra-Wide Band, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4400mAh battery with 25W wired and 15W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4:
Like its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Flip4 comes with a 6.7-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 120Hz display and is expected to measure 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm. On the outside of the housing is also a second, smaller display with a 1.9-inch (4.83 cm) diagonal and 512×260 pixel resolution, which also uses an AMOLED display and is to be used as a full-surface viewfinder for the main cameras in self-portraits in addition to notifications.
When it comes to optics, the phone packs a dual camera consisting of a 12MP dual-pixel autofocus sensor and a 12MP ultra-wide sensor with a 123-degree wide field of view. The selfie camera in the display, on the other hand, works with 10 megapixels and has 1.22 microns of edge length of the sensor pixels and an F/2.4 aperture.
The phone packs a 3700mAh battery, compared to the predecessor’s 3300mAh. It is also said to get support for 25W wired charging compared to 15W charging and should also support 15W wireless charging as well.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 Expected Specifications:
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 21.9:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, external/ cover 1.9-inch (512 x 260 pixels) Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Up to 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Rear camera: Dual Cam, 12 MP Wide (f/1.8, 1.8 μm, OIS) + 12 MP Ultra-Wide (f/2.2, 123° 1.12 μm); Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA sub6 / mmWave, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: Folded: 84.9 x 71.9 x 17.1 mm, Unfolded: 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm; Weight: 187 grams
- Battery: 3700mAh battery with 25w fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Flip4 expected pricing:
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 comes with four standard colour options and is expected to start at a price of 1099 Euros (US$ 1,120 / Rs. 89,125) for the base model which consists of 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, on the other hand, is expected to start at 1799 Euros (US$ 1,834 / Rs. 1,45,885) for the 12+256GB variant.