Red Magic today confirmed the Red Magic 7, the company’s new flagship gaming phone, in China on February 17th. This is said to retain the 6.8-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz multi-finger touch sampling rate from the Red Magic 6 series, but this will be powered by the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC.
It is also said to be the first phone to support 165W (20V×8.25A) fast charging, as it has been certified by 3C in China, and the charger has also surfaced in live images recently. It is said to charge the phone’s 4500mAh battery up to 100% in just 10 minutes. The phone got certified by TENAA in China recently with the model number NX679J revealing the complete specifications.
Red Magic 7 rumored specifications
- 6.8-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED display with 165Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory, 12GB / 16GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 12 with Redmagic OS
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate detection
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dual Smart PA, 3 mics
- Dimensions:170.57×78.33×9.5mm ; Weight: 215g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4380mAh minimum) battery with 165W fast charging
The Red Magic 7 is expected to come in Green, Black and Red with Blue gradient colors. We should know the price when it goes official next week.