As we are at the final leg of 2020, it’s time for recaps, and Apple presented its App Store Best of 2020 winners, recognising 15 apps and games.
The winners were selected based on various criteria — high quality, creative design, usability, and innovative technology. Additionally, other aspects considered are positive cultural impact, helpfulness, and importance.
Best Apps of 2020
- iPhone App of the Year: Wakeout!, developed by Andres Canella
- iPad App of the Year: Zoom.
- Mac App of the Year: Fantastical, developed by Flexibits.
- Apple TV App of the Year: Disney+.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Endel.
Best Games of 2020
- iPhone Game of the Year: “Genshin Impact,” from miHoYo.
- iPad Game of the Year: “Legends of Runeterra,” from Riot Games.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Disco Elysium,” from ZA/UM.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Dandara Trials of Fear,” from Raw Fury.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Sneaky Sasquatch,” from RAC7.
Each of the above mentioned app developers will receive the physical App Store Best of 2020 award with the name of the winner engraved on the other side. As per the company, these awards are made out of 100 percent recycled aluminum.