Qualcomm at the IFA announced Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 5G compute platform, which is its most advanced and efficient compute platform offering superior performance and multi-day battery life, 5G connectivity, enterprise-grade security and AI acceleration, as well as advanced camera and audio technology.
It promises 50% greater system-wide performance and battery life versus competing solutions, offers 5G connectivity through both Sub-6 GHz and 5G mmWave and supports Wi-Fi 6. It has Qualcomm Aqstic echo cancellation and noise suppression (ECNS) technology, Qualcomm Spectra ISP that enables mobile camera technology, with up to 4K HDR and support for up to 32 MP camera, also support dual 4K displays through a single Type C cable to a dock, and supports Microsoft Secured Core PC and Windows Hypervisor.
Qualcomm 8cx Gen 2 5G Compute Platform specifications
- Octa-Core (4x performance Kryo 495+ 4x effeciency Kryo 495) CPU
- 7nm Process Technology
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 modem with 5G NR, Support for sub-6 GHz and mmWave
- 5G Peak Download Speed: 7 Gbps, 5G Peak Upload Speed: 3 Gbps, 5G Modes: FDD, TDD, SA (standalone), NSA (non-standalone), 5G mmWave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO, 5G sub-6 GHz specs: 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 5G RF: 100 MHz envelope tracking, Adaptive
- Integrated X24 LTE modem
- Cat 20/13 speeds of up to 2 Gbps down, 7x20MHz carrier aggregation, 256-QAM, 4×4 MIMO on five carriers and 316 Mbps up, 3×20 MHz carrier aggregation, 256-QAM, Uplink Data Compression, Full-Dimension MIMO
(FD-MIMO), Maximum 20 spatial streams
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU, API Support DX12
- 4th Generation Qualcomm AI Engine, Enhanced voice assistant experiences with Qualcomm Aqstic technology
- Supports all versions Windows 10 (Enterprise, Pro, Home)
- Improved crypto-security
- Hexagon 690 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 16 MP dual camera, Up to 32 MP single camera, Dual 14-bit ISPs, Qualcomm Spectra 390 image signal processor, Up to 4K HDR video capture, Up 4K HDR decode at 120fps, H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VP9
- 2133MHz LPDDR4x memory, 8 Channels, NVME SSD; UFS3.0
- 802.11ad, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 60 GHz, 2×2 (2-stream), MU-MIMO, Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), Integrated baseband
- Assisted GPS, OTDOA (LTE-based positioning), GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS
- Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB 3.1
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 5G compute platform will roll out in devices commercial devices late 2020.