Tencent Games has rolled out the new PUBG Mobile Lite 0.17.0 update bringing in several new features including modes, map changes, weapons, and vehicles. This version is now available free on Google Play in several regions of South Asia, Africa, and East Europe.
One of the biggest highlights of the new update is Payload Mode, where players can play solo or in teams of up to four to duke it out in the fast-paced tactical competition.
Also, the mode introduces multiple new features including the all-new Grenade Launcher, Surface-to-Air Missile, and other Super Weapons. Now, Payload Mode offers two new powerful vehicles, the armoured and amphibious BRDM-2 tank, and Helicopter as well.
PUBG Mobile Lite 0.17.0 update – New features
- Map Changes – A new spawn island has been added to Varenga for players to have fun while their games load, along with mysterious Archaeological Sites around the map. The Spring Festival contents like Cherry Blossom trees and Picnic Baskets have also been removed
- Combat Improvements – The BRDM-2 tank can now be summoned in Classic Mode with Flare Guns. Similarly, the Desert Eagle pistol has been added, and SMG and pistol damage have been rebalanced
- Fresh Winner Pass – PUBG MOBILE LITE’s in-game reward system has been updated to the new themes of Summer Beach and Ramadan. New Pass earners will also receive extra Point Cards when purchasing it for the first time
- Synergy Function – Players can now access new functions for BFF, Buddy, and Bromance to emote to friends and team members. More emotes can also be unlocked as synergy increases
- Miscellaneous Balances – Additional features adjustments and bug fixes have been added, including Bonus Challenges, Companion System, Main Menu UI, Player Return Event, and more.
The PUBG Mobile Lite 0.17.0 update will roll out starting today through Google Play.
For the uninitiated, Tencent Games, last year released the lite version of its PUBG Mobile in the country – PUBG Mobile Lite in India keeping in the mind the lower-end smartphones. The lighter version boasts a smaller download size and supports more mobile devices with less RAM without compromising the gameplay experience.