HUAWEI’s HONOR brand today confirmed that it will introduce new HONOR 20S smartphone, a cheaper version of the HONOR 20 in China on September 4th. The official image shows triple rear cameras with a 48-megapixel main camera and side-mounted fingerprint scanner. This should be the YAL-AL50 model that got certified by TENAA recently.
This also confirms 6.26-inch FHD+ punch hole display and a 32-megapixel front camera, similar to the HONOR 20. It also revealed a 3650mAh battery and the 3C certification revealed 20W fast charging. It shows a 12GB RAM version, which could be some special edition.
HONOR 20S rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (2340×1080 pixels) FHD+ All-View display, 412 PPI
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Magic UI 2.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, AIS, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP camera
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Portrait Lighting
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.25×73.97×7.87mm; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery with 20W fast charging
The HONOR 20S will come in Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue and Icelandic White colors. We should know the price when it goes official next week.