Amazon has announced the second generation Echo Show along with Fire TV Recast, AmazonBasics Microwave with Alexa, Echo Wall Clock, Amazon Smart Plug and more. The second gen Echo Show comes with a massive 10-inch HD display, built-in smart home hub, and an upgraded speaker system that delivers powerful bass and stereo sound. The company is also integrating Hulu, and NBC making on-demand and live streaming possible.
Additionally, you can use Echo Show with a Fire TV Recast to easily watch, record, and replay free over-the-air live TV programs. The all-new Echo Show supports two-way talk feature that works with Ring and August doorbell cameras. When the doorbell rings or motion is detected by the security camera, just say “Alexa, answer the front door” to see and talk to whoever is there.
You can also use Alexa Routines to play custom announcements when the front door camera detects movement or someone rings the doorbell. It has a 5MP camera with support for HD video calling and inbuilt browser. The company has also introduced the Fire TV Recast, a new companion DVR that lets users easily watch, record, and replay free over-the-air TV programming on Fire TV, Echo Show, and on compatible Fire tablet, iOS, and Android devices.
It also lets you take your over-the-air shows with you on-the-go through the all-new Fire TV companion app for Fire TV Recast. To set up Fire TV Recast you need an HDTV antenna and access to the Fire TV app on a compatible Fire tablet, iOS, or Android device. Next on the list is the AmazonBasics Microwave; it is a compact countertop microwave that connects to your Echo device and makes cooking easier by integrating voice.
With AmazonBasics Microwave, you can ask Alexa to reheat, defrost, or microwave for your desired cook time and power level. It also includes a variety of quick-cook voice presets such as, “Alexa, microwave two potatoes” or “Alexa, reheat a cup of coffee.” AmazonBasics Microwave is integrated with Amazon Dash Replenishment and with the Auto Popcorn Replenishment feature, can automatically reorder popcorn before you run out.
The AmazonBasics Microwave is the first device built using Alexa Connect Kit which enables device makers to create high-quality, Alexa-connected devices easily, without managing cloud services or complicated firmware. The Amazon Echo Wall Clock lets you use your voice to start a timer with your compatible Echo device and easily see how much time is remaining on your clock. The 60 LED ring can display multiple timers for cooking, the countdown, and show visual animations for alarms and reminders to keep you on schedule. The 10-inch battery powered clock connects to your Echo via Bluetooth, automatically syncs to the correct time.
The Amazon Smart Plug use your voice to control your lights, fans, coffee maker, and more. The Amazon Smart Plug is the first Wi-Fi smart plug to use Wi-Fi simple setup. You can set a routine that turns your lights and your lights off. With multiple Amazon Smart Plugs, you can control multiple outlets. Next announcement from Amazon is the Echo Input. It lets you add Alexa to your existing speaker. Echo Input connects to your speaker through a 3.5mm audio cable or Bluetooth and features a four-microphone array.
It is just 12.5mm tall and unlike Echo Dot which has a built-in speaker, all audio is played through the connected speaker rather than through Echo Input itself. When connected to Echo Input, your speaker can be added to a new or existing multi-room music group. The Amazon Echo Auto comes with an eight-microphone array designed for in-car acoustics and speech recognition technology.
The Echo Auto lets Alexa hear you over music, A/C, and road noise. The device is powered by your car’s 12V power outlet or USB port and connects to your stereo system through a 3.5 mm audio jack or Bluetooth connection. It connects to Alexa through the Alexa app on your smartphone and uses your existing phone plan to access a range of features such as music, navigation, calling, and more. The Amazon Echo Link and Echo Link Amp are for music lovers who want to use Alexa to stream music to their existing audio equipment.
Echo Link is an audio component that connects to your HiFi stereo system to stream music. Echo Link includes analog, optical, coax, headphone 3.5mm, and subwoofer line-outs; and analog, optical, and coax line-ins. It has a volume knob for granular control, an Ethernet port for reliable connectivity, and support for multi-room music through Alexa.
Echo Link Amp is Echo Link with a built-in 60W, 2-channel amplifier. Additionally, it has left-right speaker binding post outputs to support wiring directly to passive and non-powered speakers. Both Echo Link and Echo Link Amp can be controlled through the Alexa app or another Echo device in your home.
Pricing and availability:
- Echo Show is priced at $229.99 (Rs. 16,540 approx.) and will also have an accompanying stand that will allow you to tilt the Echo Show to adjust the viewing and camera angles for only $29.99 (Rs.2,155 approx.). Both are available for pre-order and will ship in October.
- The Amazon Fire TV Recast is available for pre-order and will begin shipping on November 14. It is available in two models: a 2–tuner model with 500GB costs $229.99 (Rs.16,540 approx.), and a 4–tuner model with 1TB of storage is priced at $279.99 (Rs.20,140 approx.).
- AmazonBasics Microwave is priced at $59.99 (Rs.4,315 approx.). It is available for pre-order and will start shipping later this year.
- The Amazon Echo Wall Clock is priced at $29.99 (Rs. 2,160 approx.) and will be available later this year.
- Amazon Smart Plug is available for pre-order starting and will start shipping next month. It is priced at $24.99 (Rs.1,797 approx.).
- The Echo Input will be available in black and white and will be available later this year. It is priced at $34.99 (Rs.2,516 approx.).
- The Echo Auto is available by Invitation for a Special Price of $24.99 (Rs.1,797 approx.). It will start shipping later this year.
- Echo Link and Echo Link Amp are priced at $199.99 (Rs. 14,382 approx.) and $299.99 (Rs.21,573 approx.); will be available in early 2019.