Looks like stylus phones are still a thing. LG has introduced Q Stylus smartphone lineup that includes Q Stylus+, Q Stylus and Q Stylus α as successor to last year’s Stylus 3. It has a 6.2-inch FHD+ FullVision Display, is powered by a 1.5GHz Octa-core / 1.8 GHz Octa-core SoC, depending on the model and runs Android 8.0 (Oreo). The top-end Q Stylus+ comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, as well as a 16-megapixel rear camera, while the Q Stylus and budget Q Stylus α comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage.
All the models have military grade durability with MIL-STD 810G, but only the Q Stylus+ and Q Stylus are IP68-certified for water and dust resistance. The fingerprint sensor on the back also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button. Even with the display off, the LG Q Stylus will recognize and record handwritten notes, and it can also be utilized to personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs.
It also has Portrait mode, QLens and DTS:X 3D Surround Sound. Even though it has a 3300mAh battery with Fast charging and it also has USB Type-C, replacing the micro USB on the Stylus 3. The company says that it has a metallic body.
LG Q Stylus+, Q Stylus and Q Stylus α specifications
- 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 FullVision 389ppi 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.5GHz Octa-core / 1.8 GHz Octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (Q Stylus and Q Stylus α) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Q Stylus+) expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP (Q Stylus and Q Stylus+) / 13MP (Q Stylus α) rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 8MP / 5MP (100-degree Super Wide Angle) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, DTS:X 3D Surround
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) (Only in Q Stylus+ and Q Stylus), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0
- 3,300mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The LG Q Stylus+: Aurora Black comes in Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet colors, Q Stylus comes in Aurora Black and Moroccan Blue colors, and the Q Stylus α comes in Moroccan Blue color. The smartphone will roll out on a limited basis starting this month in North America and Asia followed by other key regions in Q3 2018.