Vivo has announced Y83, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ in China. It comes with a 6.22-inch HD+ screen with 19:9 aspect ratio and minimal bezels, and it is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by MediaTek’s latest Helio P22 Octa-Core 12nm SoC that was introduced earlier this week. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and an 8-megapixel front camera with AI beauty features and face unlock, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4 that brings intelligent reminders, Game mode and more. It has a glossy mirror back that changes color as light hits the phone at certain angles. It packs a 3260mAh battery.
Vivo Y83 specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.21x 75.24 x 7.7mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS
- 3260mAh battery
The Vivo Y83 Aurora White, Black and Red colors, is priced at 1498 yuan (US$ 234 / Rs. 15,890 approx.).