Vivo announced X21 smartphone with in-display fingerprint sensor in China back in March. Today the company has launched in Singapore, marking the first global launch for the smartphone. To remind you, the phone has a 6.28-inch FHD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display with a notch, 90.3% screen-to-body ratio, 1.66mm narrow bezels on the sides, 1.79mm bezels on the top and 5mm on the bottom. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 AIE Artificial Intelligence Chip with 6GB RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0 with A.I features.
It comes only as in-display fingerprint sensor version, has 3D glass body, features dual rear cameras with a 12-megapixel primary sensor with Samsung 2L9 sensor with Dual Pixel technology along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture the depth information. It has AI scene recognition that can automatically detect 17 scenes and the 12-megapixel front camera has AI beauty recognition for a perfect selfie and can output 24-megapixel resolution images.
Vivo X21 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 AIE 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm; Weight: 156.2g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3200mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Vivo X21 comes only in 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version with in-display fingerprint sensor, is priced at S$ 799 (US$ 598 / Rs. 39,900 approx.) and will go on sale in Singapore from May 5th. It is expected to roll out in several other countries globally in coming months.